Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1879–2019 Smithsonian 1-oz Gold/Silver/Copper Morgan Schoolgirl Dollar 3-pc Set NGC PF70UC
George T. Morgan’s “Schoolgirl” Dollar
Today, most collectors know George T. Morgan for his legendary Morgan Silver Dollar and his designs for commemoratives and medals. But many of his designs were struck as pattern coins and never released for circulation – including his 1879 Schoolgirl Dollar, which is today among the most celebrated and sought-after American coinage patterns. 2019 marks the 140th anniversary of this design.
Featuring a portrait of a young girl wearing a single strand of pearls, a youthful Lady Liberty is shown facing left, her hair tied with a ribbon. The word LIBERTY is inscribed in her hair band. The “Schoolgirl” name was coined by Harlan P. Smith and David Proskey, owners of the New York Coin and Stamp Company, for an 1891 auction catalogue offering a collection that included one of these coins.
This set includes three proofs: a one-ounce 99.9% gold proof, a one-ounce 99.9% silver reverse proof, and a dollar-sized copper proof. Each bears the iconic Morgan Schoolgirl Dollar design. The entire set comes match-graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, each proof will be sonically sealed in a protective holder with an exclusive Smithsonian® label, and the entire the set will come housed in a Smithsonian-branded presentation case.
Just 300 of the world-exclusive Morgan Schoolgirl Dollar Three-Piece proof sets were authorized – and only a limited number have been certified by NGC as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo condition! What’s more, the original copper and silver patterns have sold for as much as $74,750 and $312,000, respectively! Don’t miss this opportunity to secure one of history’s most sought-after designs. Click this set to your cart today!
- A MORGAN DOLLAR THAT NEVER WAS – Many of U.S. Mint engraver George T. Morgan’s coin designs were struck as pattern coins and never released for circulation. One such pattern is his 1879 Schoolgirl Dollar, which is today among the most celebrated and sought-after American coinage patterns.
- THREE-PIECE SET STRUCK IN GOLD, SILVER AND COPPER – The set includes three proofs: a one-ounce 99.9% gold proof, a one-ounce 99.9% silver reverse proof, and a dollar-sized copper proof.
- OFFICIALLY AUTHORIZED BY THE SMITHSONIAN – The Smithsonian® officially authorized the striking of these proofs to honor the 140th anniversary of the 1879 Morgan Schoolgirl Silver Dollar. Only a handful of original Schoolgirl pattern coins exist, and one is a treasured piece of the Smithsonian’s National Numismatic Collection.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Each piece in your 1879–2019 Smithsonian One-Ounce Gold/Silver/Copper Morgan Schoolgirl Dollar Three-Piece Set has been match-graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- EXTREMELY LIMITED RELEASE – Just 300 of the Morgan Schoolgirl Dollar Three-Piece proof sets were authorized – and only a limited number have been certified by NGC as being in Proof-70 Ultra Cameo condition
George T. Morgan’s famous “Schoolgirl” Dollar is among the most sought-after American coinage patterns. Now you can add this brilliant design to your collection thanks to this officially authorized Smithsonian® gold, silver & copper three-piece proof set. Don’t delay; order yours before they’re gone!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Coin Weight||25 Grams - g, 31.103 Grams - g|