Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019-P 5-oz Silver Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Proof NGC PF70 First Day of Issue w/Moon Display Core & Bonus 2019-P Apollo 11 Silver Dollar
U.S. Mint Commemorates Anniversary of One Small Step for Man….
On July 20, 1969, the people of Earth were glued to their television sets. Before their very eyes, a door opened, a ladder descended, and a man first set foot on the surface of the Moon. The footprints, the flag and plaque left on the lunar surface sent an eternal message throughout the cosmos: humanity had finally reached the heavens, and America led the way.
In honor of the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission, the United States Mint has gone where it has never gone before with the release of its FIRST-EVER commemorative proofs struck in 99.9% silver – and now you can get the massive 5-ounce proof in this special offer along with the similarly designed silver dollar as an added bonus!
These special, limited-edition commemorative silver coins are remarkable tributes. Featuring reeded edges and curved surfaces, the obverse of each coin curves inward to show the indented footprint left by astronaut Neil Armstrong along with the names of the space programs that led to such a historic moment: MERCURY, GEMINI and APOLLO separated by phases of the Moon. Flip the coin over and you’ll see the outward curve of an astronaut’s helmet. The design recreates a close-up of the famous photograph snapped by Armstrong of Buzz Aldrin during their epic lunar hike.
The designs are incredibly detailed, and at 3 inches in diameter, the 5-ounce coin is the perfect size to showcase every nuance of the intricate details. Struck in highly-pure 99.9% silver, the coin will come graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 (PF70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has certified your 2019-P Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Five-Ounce Silver Proof to be a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin, meaning it was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date. Your coin will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a unique display core that mimics the lumpy crater-pocked surface of the moon.
The bonus Apollo 11 Silver Dollar features the same images and curved design. Struck in 26.73 grams of 99.9% silver, the coin measures 38.1 mm in diameter and also comes certified and graded by NGC in matching PF70 condition with an FDI certification and encapsulated with the unique moon display core.
With just 100,000 of these historic 2019-P Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Five-Ounce Silver Proofs available and 400,000 of the silver dollars; a quick sell-out is expected. As a one-year-only issue, these curved coins will never be struck by the U.S. Mint again. When they’re gone, they’re gone! Don’t miss this historic release – it’s one small purchase for you and one giant leap for your collection!
- ONE-YEAR-ONLY 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF APOLLO 11 COMMEMORATIVE – The 2019 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Silver Proofs features Neil Armstrong’s footprint on the obverse and a close-up of the famous photograph snapped by Armstrong of Buzz Aldrin on the reverse. The unique curved design that mimics the visor of an astronaut’s helmet represents just the second time in history that the U.S. Mint has struck a coin with a curved surface.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – These commemorative coins have been struck at the U.S. Mint in Philadelphia in highly pure 99.9% silver – the first commemorative proofs released by the U.S. Mint in pure silver as all previous proofs were struck in 90% fine silver.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS – These coins are one dollar legal tender in the United States.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Each 2019-P Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Silver Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 (PF70) condition.
- KEY FIRST DAY OS ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified your Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Silver Proofs to be a First Day of Issue (FDI) coins. Each will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a moon display core.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The U.S. Mint is limiting this release to just 100,000 five-ounce coins and 400,000 silver dollars.
Put the first man on the moon into your collection and honor mankind’s crowning achievement with the 2019-P Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Five-Ounce Silver Proof. Order yours now and get the Apollo 11 Silver Dollar as an added bonus!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Pedigree||First Day Of Issue|
|Mint Name||Philadelphia - P|
|Coin Weight||155.5 Grams - g|
|Weight||5 Ounces - oz|