Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1917-PDS 50 Cents Silver Walking Liberty 3-Coin Set VG
Second-Year Walking Liberty Half Dollars
The Walking Liberty Half Dollar – affectionately known to many collectors as “Walkers” – is surely one of the most beautiful coins ever struck by the U.S. Mint. The Walking Liberty obverse is so iconic and beloved that it was resurrected in 1986 as the obverse for today’s Silver Eagles! But what we have here are not just any Walkers, but the complete mint mark set from the incredible second-year-of-issue 1917 coins struck in Philadelphia, Denver and San Francisco. Far more affordable than the series’ first-year-of-issue, these coins are where many collectors begin.
Featuring Adolph A. Weinman’s classic design of “Walking Liberty,” this half-dollar coin is struck in 12.5 grams of 90% silver. Plus, all of the big silver half dollars available in this offer come in Very Good (VG) condition, a remarkable grade considering each is more than 100 years old and survived circulation through World War I, the Roaring ’20s, the Great Depression and World War II.
Issued from 1916-1947, the Walking Liberty Silver Half Dollar series is even more popular today that when it circulated during the first half of the 20th Century. And now you can secure a complete 1917 mint mark set! This 1917-PDS Walking Liberty Silver Half Dollar Three-Piece Set is a great way to start, add to, or complete your own collection of “Walkers.” Don’t let these coins walk away; order your set today!
- ONE OF AMERICA’S MOST POPULAR COIN DESIGNS – Featuring Adolph A. Weinman’s classic design of “Walking Liberty,” the half-dollar coin issued from 1916-1947 is hailed as one of the most beautiful coins ever struck. It’s so revered that when the U.S. Mint introduced its American Silver Eagle bullion coin in 1986 it used Weinman’s iconic design!
- KEY-DATE YEAR STRUCK AT THE SAN FRANCISCO MINT – 1917 was only the second year that the original Walking Liberty Half-Dollar was struck.
- STRUCK IN FINE SILVER – Each Walking Liberty Half-Dollar is struck in 12.5 grams of 90% silver.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS –With a face value of 50 cents, the Walking Liberty Half Dollar was a big silver coin that circulated widely during the first half of the 20th Century.
- GRADED IN BEAUTIFUL VERY GOOD CONDITION – Each coin in your 1917-PDS Walking Liberty Silver Half Dollar Three-Piece Set will come in nice Very Good (VG) condition – a remarkable grade for coins that are more than 100 years old and circulated through World War I, the Roaring ’20s, the Great Depression and World War II.
This 1917 Walking Liberty Half Dollar is a staple of American history. Click these key-date coins to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||1917|
|Mint Name||Denver - D, Philadelphia - P, San Francisco - S|
|Coin Weight||12.5 Grams - g|