Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Australia $1 1-oz Silver ANA Show Kangaroo w/Privy Mark NGC MS70
Australian Kangaroos By Way of Old Chicago
The long-legged, big-footed kangaroo is one of the most recognizable animals in the world – and perhaps the most famous critter ever to call Australia home. But now, thanks to the Royal Australian Mint, it’s added America’s Midwest to its list of habitats thanks to its appearance at the American Numismatic Association’s (ANA) 2019 World’s Fair of Money Show that was held August 13-17 in Chicago.
Actually, there were 5,000 kangaroos in Chicago – all in the form of spectacular silver coins struck by the world-renowned Royal Australian Mint exclusively for the ANA show. Each coin was minted in one full ounce of highly pure 99.9% fine silver and features Stuart Devlin’s famous “Mob of Roos” design that depicts five of the adorable marsupials hopping around the face of the coin. What makes this coin extra special – and instantly distinguishes it as having been released at the 2019 ANA Show in Chicago – is the addition of a unique privy mark that can be seen just below the largest of the five kangaroos.
The special privy mark is a tiny rendition of one of the world’s biggest buildings. It represents the Willis Tower, a 110-story, skyscraper in Chicago. When it was completed in 1973, Willis Tower surpassed the World Trade Center in New York to become the tallest building in the world – a title it held for nearly 25 years. Known as the Sears Tower until 2009, it was the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere until the new One World Trade Center in New York City surpassed it in 2014.
In addition, your 2019 Australia One-Ounce Silver ANA Show Kangaroo has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. And, with a maximum worldwide mintage of just 5,000 coins, you can bet these special 2019 Australia One-Ounce Silver ANA Show Kangaroos will not last for long. Pocket one for your collection today!
- SPECIAL SHOW RELEASE FOR AUSTRALIA’S KANGAROO – This Silver Kangaroo was specially struck exclusively for the 2019 ANA World’s Fair of Money Show held in Chicago. It features a mob of kangaroos on the reverse with a special Willis Tower privy mark. The coin’s obverse features the elegant effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each 2019 Australia Silver ANA Show Kangaroo was struck by the Royal Australian Mint in a full ounce of highly pure 99.9% fine silver.
- AUSTRALIAN LEGAL TENDER – These 2019 Australia One-Ounce Silver ANA Show Kangaroos are $1 legal tender in Australia and measure 40 mm in diameter.
- GRADED IN PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2019 Australia One-Ounce Silver ANA Show Kangaroo has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Mint State-70 (MS70) condition.
- LIMITED-EDITION SHOW RELEASE – The maximum mintage for the 2019 Australia One-Ounce Silver ANA Show Kangaroo was set at just 5,000.
Make sure one of these special privy marked ANA Show Kangaroos jump into your collection. Click one to your cart right now before they’re all gone!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||Royal Australian Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.107 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|