Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Australia $8 5-oz Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle High Relief Proof
A New Wedge-Tailed Eagle Design Has Landed for 2019!
In 2014, John Mercanti and the Perth Mint made numismatic history with the introduction of the Wedge-Tailed Eagle Series. It was the very first time that a former Chief Engraver of the United States Mint partnered with a foreign mint to create a legal-tender coin. Since then, Mercanti's skill in design and engraving combined with the Perth Mint’s exceptional production quality has given flight to what has since become a beloved series the world over.
The Mercanti-Perth Mint partnership continues in 2019 with the release of a new one-year-only design that is sure to have particular appeal to collectors. For this year’s Wedge-Tailed Eagle design, Mercanti, the 12th Chief Engraver at the U.S. Mint, has given us a portrait of an eagle in flight descending against a backdrop of sun rays, its talons extended as if closing in on its prey. Struck in fantastic high relief this gorgeous coin measures 50.6 mm in diameter and features a magnificent design that celebrates Australia's largest bird of prey – a design that could have originated only through the brilliant talents of John Mercanti!
Each coin begins as a hand-selected five-ounce planchet of highly pure 99.99% fine silver. Then, the artisans at the Perth Mint strike each coin as only they can. When you turn this coin over in your hand and marvel at its beauty, you’ll understand why the Perth Mint's reputation for innovation and producing coins of superior quality is unsurpassed.
Your 2019 Wedge-Tailed Eagle Five-Ounce Silver Proof was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields! Plus, it will also come in its original government packaging with a numbered Certificate of Authenticity from the mint.
With a mintage of only 2,500, you will need act fast to capture your 2019 Wedge-Tailed Eagle Five-Ounce Silver Proof. Since taking flight, this series has been immensely popular, so order yours now because these Eagles may not be around for long. Click one to your cart today!
- THREE EAGLES, ONE MAGNIFICENT DESIGN! – 2019 marks just the second year in the six-year-old series to feature a one-year-only design. For this year’s edition, former U.S. Mint Chief Engraver John Mercanti has given us a portrait of an eagle in flight descending against a backdrop of sun rays, its talons extended as if closing in on its prey. A regal portrait of Queen Elizabeth II graces the coin’s obverse!
- AUSTRALIAN LEGAL TENDER – Each 2019 Five-Ounce Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle is $8 Australian legal tender. All the details are engraved on the obverse including the coin's silver content, the year 2019 and the signature "P" mintmark.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019 Wedge-Tailed Eagle Five-Ounce Silver Proof was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- PRESENTED IN PERTH MINT PACKAGING – Your 2019 Five-Ounce Silver Wedge-Tailed Eagle High Relief Proof will arrive in a Perth Mint-branded presentation case along with a numbered Certificate of Authenticity.
- A LIMITED MINTAGE EVENT – The Perth Mint has set the mintage of these Wedge-Tailed Eagle coins at exactly 2,500!
That's right – that's only 2,500 of these coins for Wedge-Tailed Eagle collectors around the world! And, unless you live in Australia, your ONLY source for this stunning silver coin is GovMint.com. The entire Wedge-Tailed Eagle series has been a global hit since 2014, and we're expecting this installment to soar right out of our vaults. Don't wait another moment – add this 2019 Australia Wedge-Tailed Eagle Five-Ounce Silver High Relief Proof to your collection today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Relief Type||High Relief|
|Mint Name||Perth Mint|
|Weight||5 Ounces - oz|