Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Austria €1.5 1-oz Silver 825th Anniversary of Austria Mint – Robin Hood BU
The Medieval Feud that Gave Birth to a Heroic Outlaw
The founding of the prestigious Austrian Mint in Vienna dates back to the 12th century and a royal feud between two crusaders. It started in 1191 when England’s Richard I snubbed Austria’s Duke Leopold V during the Third Crusade. A year later Leopold would have his revenge when he took Richard prisoner on his way back from the Crusades and released him in 1194 only after being paid 15 tonnes of silver. From that silver, Leopold began striking coins featuring his seal. It was the ultimate display of one-upmanship and represented the first coins of the Austrian Mint.
Now, on the 825th anniversary of Leopold getting the better of Richard, the Austrian Mint has released the final issue of a planned three-coin series that commemorates the founding of Austria’s Vienna Mint. Struck in one ounce of highly pure 99.9% silver, these legal-tender coins bring a close to the series with a design that pays tribute to Robin Hood, the legendary heroic outlaw who rose to defend England’s downtrodden against Richard’s unscrupulous Brother Prince John during the king’s captivity. The image shows the bandit king of Sherwood Forrest taking aim with his trusty longbow. Is he about to shoot one of the king’s deer, or does he have his sights set on a greedy merchant and his fat money bag? Whatever Robin’s intentions, the image is crackling with adventure!
Your 2019 Austria 825th Anniversary of Vienna Mint Robin Hood One-Ounce Silver Coin is 1.5€ (1.5 Euros) legal tender and has a maximum worldwide limited edition of just 100,000. For coin collectors, students of history and silver stackers the world over, these coins are sure to be a right on target.
Plus, each coin available in this offer will come in gleaming Gem Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition, meaning that your coin is the product of a superb strike that places it firmly among the elite of the run. Rediscover the adventures of Robin Hood and learn how his campaign to rob form the rich to give to the poor was triggered by a feud between England’s King Richard the Lion Hearted and Austria’s Duke Leopold – a feud which ultimately founded the world-famous Austria Mint where these coins were struck! Order your coin today!
- STUNNING TRIBUTE 825 YEARS IN THE MAKING – The final coin in a three-coins series, the Robin Hood One-Ounce Silver Coin features a dashing rendition of the fabled outlaw of Sherwood Forest taking aim with his trusty longbow. The coin’s reverse shows a modern recreation of Duke Leopold V’s official along with the country of issue, date and denomination.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Each 825th Anniversary of the Vienna Mint silver bullion coin is struck in a troy ounce of highly-pure 99.9% silver.
- LEGAL TENDER COIN – These spectacular 825th Anniversary of the Vienna Mint silver bullion coins are 1.5€ (1.5 Euros) legal tender in Austria as well as the other member nations in the European Union.
- BEAUTIFUL GEM BRILLIANT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2019 Austria 825th Anniversary of Vienna Mint Robin Hood One-Ounce Silver Coin will come in Gem Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition, meaning that your coin is the product of a superb strike that places it firmly among the elite of the run.
- LIMITED WORLDWIDE EDITION LIMIT – The maximum worldwide limited edition for this coin has been set at just 100,000.
Celebrate the founding of the Austrian Mint and the epic adventures of history’s most heroic outlaw with this 2019 Austria 825th Anniversary of Vienna Mint Robin Hood One-Ounce Silver Coin. Click one – or several – to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||Austrian Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.07 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|