Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 China 1-oz Silver Moon Festival Panda w/Red Jade Insert NGC PF70UC First Releases
A Red Moon Rises Over the New 2019 Moon Festival Pandas
The origins of China’s Moon Festival can be traced back more than 3,500 years, with each festival celebrating the gathering of friends and family, giving thanks for the harvest bounty and praying for future blessings of longevity, family and prosperity.
Since 2015, the Moon Festival Panda program has provided collectors with beautiful commemoratives, each featuring something that sets it apart from other Panda releases – features like space-flown gold, holographic designs and more. In 2019, for the first time ever, the Moon Festival Panda series features a special “Blood Moon” color-enhanced Red Jade inset.
A Blood Moon happens during a total eclipse, when sunlight refracted by the Earth’s atmosphere gives the Moon a reddish appearance. In 2019, a Blood Moon was visible in China on July 17 – just a few weeks before the Moon Festival was celebrated in mid-September. That celestial oddity is effectively captured on this year’s Moon Festival Panda. The superb design shows a panda taking a break from climbing a bamboo tree while the Blood Red Moon floats behind him – only the moon is actually a red jade gemstone embedded into the surface of the medal! The reverse design depicts the Great Wall of China with an insert floating above that represents the Chinese map of the Heavens.
This impeccably crafted 2019 China Moon Festival Panda is struck in a full ounce of highly pure 99.9% silver at China’s famed Shenzhen Mint. Each was expertly crafted from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields. In fact, the medals are so fresh and spectacular that the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) has graded them as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended.
In addition, NGC has graded your Silver Moon Festival Panda Proof to be a First Releases (FR) issue, meaning it was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date. Collectors seek out coins and medals with this type of certification because it means that they were produced with new dies and exhibit sharper strikes and deeper mirrors than those struck later.
Only 1,888 of these one-year-only one-ounce silver proofs with a genuine, color-enhanced Chinese Red Jade insets will be struck in 2019. Don’t miss out – bring some good fortune home with this stunning Silver Moon Festival Panda Proof today!
- FIRST-EVER ‘BLOOD RED” GEMSTONE PANDA PROOF –These proofs represent the first time Silver Moon Festival Pandas have been struck with a special “Blood Red” color-enhanced Red Jade gemstone embedded into their surface. The beautiful gemstone glitters brilliantly on the medal’s reverse behind a panda resting in a tree.
- ENGAGING PANDA DESIGN – The design shows a panda climbing a bamboo tree while the Blood Red Moon hovers in the sky – only the moon is actually a red jade gemstone embedded into the medal! The reverse design depicts the Great Wall of China with an insert representing the Chinese map of the Heavens.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – These Moon Festival Panda Proofs have been struck in one ounce of highly pure 99.9% fine silver and measure 40 mm in diameter.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019 China One-Ounce Silver Moon Festival Panda has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has graded your One-Ounce Silver Moon Festival Panda Proof to be a First Releases (FR) issue.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The China Mint has set the worldwide edition limit for the 2019 One-Ounce Silver Moon Festival Panda Proof at just 1,888.
China’s Moon festival is ripe with messages and symbols about fortune and good luck. But you don’t need luck to acquire the 2019 China One-Ounce Silver Moon Festival Panda Proof; simply click it to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||Shenzhen Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.103 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|