Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 France €50 5-oz Silver Treasures of Paris Eiffel Tower Proof
The Iron Lady Lights Up the Night
Every night by sundown, the Eiffel Tower in France lights up the Paris skyline with a dazzling display of sparkling golden lights. The glittering display lasts a full five minutes and is repeated every hour until 1 a.m. It’s a beautiful sight, and part of the reason this global icon has been seen by more than 250 million visitors since it was completed in 1889, making it the most visited paid monument in the world!
To pay tribute to the Eiffel Tower’s 130 anniversary, the Monnaie de Paris (The Paris Mint) has released this spectacular silver proof struck in five ounces of highly pure 95% silver. It’s a 50 Euro legal-tender coin that celebrates the Eiffel Tower’s by showcasing the daily phenomenon of its dazzling evening light show. Just look at the coin and you’ll see a gorgeous aerial view of the tower, with the city lavished in black rhodium. From the top of the Tower come six beams of light splitting the night sky, depicted using deposits of gold. The combination of the three metals makes for a stunning contrast that beautifully displays every aspect of the design. The reverse identifies the coin as a part of the mint’s “Treasures of Paris” series and presents a modern representation of Paris and its districts.
The official mint of the French government, the Monnaie de Paris is famous the world over for the beauty and quality of its coins and medals. That reputation is well-deserved on this coin struck in gorgeous Proof condition by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
French culture is respected the world over, and nothing says “French” and represents Paris more indisputably than the Eiffel Tower. Completed in 1889 to serve as the entrance to the 1889 World’s Fair, the Eiffel Tower was constructed out of iron, which led to its nickname “The Iron Lady” that is still used by Parisians today.
Just 250 of these special anniversary coins were struck, making this commemorative issue one of the smallest we’ve seen. Our limited supply will go fast so don’t miss out. Reserve yours today!
- TRIBUTE TO EIFFEL TOWER’S 130TH ANNIVERSARY – This coin pays tribute to the 130th anniversary of the Eiffel Tower, one of the world’s most iconic landmarks located in Paris, France. It shows an aerial view of the tower, with the city lavished in black rhodium. From the top of the Tower come six beams of light splitting the night sky, depicted using deposits of gold. The coin’s reverse features a modern representation of Paris and all its districts.
- STRUCK IN FINE SILVER – Each 2019 France Silver Treasures of Paris Eiffel Tower Proof was struck in five ounces of highly pure 95% fine silver and measures 50 mm in diameter.
- LEGAL TENDER – This 2019 France Five-Ounce Silver Treasures of Paris Eiffel Tower Proof is €50 (Fifty Euros) legal tender in France.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019 France Five-Ounce Silver Treasures of Paris Eiffel Tower Proof was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- EXTREMELY LOW LIMITED EDITION – The worldwide edition limit for the 2019 France Five-Ounce Silver Treasures of Paris Eiffel Tower Proof has been at just 250.
Visiting the Eiffel Tower is on everyone’s bucket list – and for good reason! Now you can bring this architectural wonder home as a limited-edition five-ounce silver proof. Click it to your cart now or risk saying Au revoir forever!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||Monnaie de Paris|
|Coin Weight||163.8 Grams - g|
|Weight||5 Ounces - oz|