For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Niue $1 1-oz Silver Wedge Tailed Eagle Ultra High Relief Antiqued Proof
Get “Up Close” and Personal with the Wedge Tailed Eagle
Every Hollywood star wants to look his or her best when it comes time for a close-up, and the same can be said of the animal world if this new series from Niue has anything to say about it. Struck in a full ounce of highly pure 99.9% fine silver, this new “Up Close” series debuts with an image of Australia’s iconic Wedge Tailed Eagle that if it were any closer, you’d have to start picking its beak out of your eye!
The stunning design is just the starting point for this truly amazing coin. Produced in Ultra High Relief, the eagle’s eye appears to be a highly detailed manifestation of Australia’s blazing sun, an “eagle-eyed” allegory that seems to be burning a hole into your very soul. The incredible detail is fantastic – you can see the texture and nuance of each and every feather in the eagle’s proud face.
What’s more, this fascinating coin has been struck in gorgeous proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields. And, to further accent the artistic beauty of the design, each coin has been layered with a beautiful antique finish to bring even more contrast and texture to the already epic image!
We love this coin so much that we expect a complete sell out – and with only 750 of these 2019 Niue One-Ounce Silver Wedge Tailed Eagle Ultra High Relief Proofs available for worldwide release, we don’t expect our supply to last long. Each will come in its original government packing consisting of a stylish display case and accompanied by a numbered Certificate of Authenticity. Don’t miss out on the artistry of this elaborately designed coin. Click one to your cart right now before they all fly away!
- STUNNING ULTRA HIGH RELIEF DESIGN – The first coin in Niue’s “Up Close” series, the stunning close-up design of Australia’s famous Wedge Tailed Eagle is rendered in glorious Ultra High Relief to create a triumph of different textures. The coin’s obverse features the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each 2019 Niue Wedge Tailed Eagle Ultra High Relief Coin measures 38.6 mm I diameter and was struck in a full ounce of highly pure 99.9% silver.
- LEGAL-TENDER COIN – These 2019 Niue One-Ounce Silver Wedge Tailed Eagle Ultra High Relief Coins are $1 legal tender in Niue, an island nation in the South Pacific Ocean.
- GORGEOUS ANTIQUED PROOF FINISH – Your 2019 Niue One-Ounce Silver Wedge Tailed Eagle Ultra High Relief Coin comes in gorgeous Proof condition and features a superb antique finish.
- EXTREMELY LOW LIMITED EDITION – The maximum worldwide edition limit for the 2019 Niue One-Ounce Silver Wedge Tailed Eagle Ultra High Relief Proof is only 750 coins.
The 2019 Niue One-Ounce Silver Wedge Tailed Eagle Ultra High Relief Antiqued Proof is the first coin in the “Up Close” series. Secure yours now!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Relief Type||Ultra-High Relief|
|Coin Weight||31.103 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|