Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 South Africa 1-oz Silver Big 5 Lion NGC PF70UC First Releases
Behold the King of the New “Big 5”
Some of the world’s most dangerous wild animals live in Africa. Not long ago the highest mark a sportsman could attain was being able to hunt down “The Big Five” animals on the continent – the Elephant, Lion, Black Rhinoceros, Leopard and Cape Buffalo. Each animal was quite capable of killing humans, and they often did – even the herbivores! Now you can hunt down these beasts without ever leaving the comfort of your easy chair thanks to the South African Mint’s release of a new series of coins dedicated to these animals.
The latest release in series is this magnificent Lion struck in one Troy ounce of highly pure 99.9% silver by the prestigious South African Mint – the same mint that brings us the iconic gold and silver Krugerrands. It’s also the same mint responsible for the immensely popular Natura series that began in the 1990s and featured the same Big 5 animals. The obverse of this legal-tender 5-Rand coin depicts an image of an alert male lion in all his regal glory. The reverse features a unique bisected image of a lion’s profile. When multiple coins are placed side by side it creates a complete close-up portrait of a lion staring straight into your eyes. If you dare, put on some thin white gloves and trace your fingers across the rugged design… it almost feels like you’re caressing the tawny body of a real lion!
Your 2019 South Africa One-Ounce Silver Big 5 Lion has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has certified your proof to be a First Releases (FR) coin, meaning it was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of its release.
With an extremely low limited edition of just 2,750, only a few select collectors will even get the opportunity to own one of these coins! A century ago people like Teddy Roosevelt would have donned a pith helmet and tracked down these animals as prizes for their trophy rooms. Today, people go on safaris in hopes of simply catching a glimpse of these often-endangered animals. Avoid the heat and take pride in bagging one of these coins from the comfort of your home simply by clicking it to your cart!
- LATEST COIN IN SOUTH AFRICA’S NEW BIG FIVE SERIES – This coin is the second release in the South African Mint’s new series of coins dedicated to “The Big Five” animals of Africa – the Elephant, Lion, Black Rhino, Leopard and Buffalo – displaying unique portraits of these exotic creatures.
- INNOVATIVE EYE-CATCHING DESIGN – The obverse of this coin depicts a full-bodied image of a male lion. The reverse features a unique bisected image of a lion’s profile. When multiple coins are placed side by side it creates a complete close-up portrait of a regal lion.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Each Big 5 Lion coin has been struck by the South African Mint in one ounce of highly pure 99.9% silver and measures 38.725 mm in diameter.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS – These South Africa One-Ounce Silver Big 5 Lion coins are 5 Rand legal tender in South Africa.
- GRADED IN PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019 South Africa One-Ounce Silver Big 5 Lion has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified your 2019 South Africa One-Ounce Silver Big 5 Lion Proof to be a First Releases (FR) coin.
- LOW WORLDWIDE LIMITED-EDITION RELEASE – The worldwide edition limit for these 2019 South Africa One-Ounce Silver Big 5 Lion Proofs has been set at just 2,750.
Don’t let this “King” of the Big 5 animals out of your sights; bag your 2019 South Africa One-Ounce Silver Big 5 Lion now before these coins escape into the hands of other collectors!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||South Africa Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.107 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|