Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Smithsonian Series 1934 $10,000 24K Gold Certificate PMG Gem Unc 70
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $59.95 $58.18
Incredibly Rare 1934 Series $10,000 Note Resurrected in24K Gold!
The Series 1934 Gold Certificates were legal tender, but never intended for circulation. Instead, they were used to transfer funds between Federal Reserve banks, and once they were retired in the 1960s, most were destroyed. However, you can still see one in person at the Smithsonian® National Museum of American History.
Now, the Smithsonian® has resurrected this famous note by authorizing a limited striking of its design in 100mg of 99.9% (24 karat) gold! They feature the same design as the original – an image of Salmon P. Chase (1808-1873), who served as the governor of Ohio and later represented the Buckeye State in the U.S. Senate. He went on to serve as the U.S. Secretary of the Treasury during the Presidency of Abraham Lincoln during the Civil War and was later named Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. Each gold certificate comes certified by Paper Money Guaranty (PMG) as being in 70 Gem Uncirculated (Gem Unc) condition – the highest grade assigned!
- A HISTORIC DESIGN IS REBORN! – This new currency strike recreates the original 1934 design of the $10,000 bill in exacting detail. Your eyes immediately meet the steel-eyed gaze of Salmon P. Chase, who as Abraham Lincoln’s Secretary of the Treasury during the Civil War, was instrumental in establishing the national banking system and issuing paper currency.
- AMONG THE FIRST OF THEIR KIND! – Using state-of-the-art technology, 100 milligrams of 24 karat gold are transformed into a single currency-sized work of art. Spread over this lustrous canvas, the design of each currency strike literally shines! These gold certificates are among the very first to be created through this newly-developed process.
- OFFICIALLY LICENSED BY THE SMITHSONIAN! – Since the original 1934 $10,000 bill is a big attraction in the Smithsonian numismatic collection, we're honored to present this currency strike as an officially licensed Smithsonian release. For proof, look to the left of Salmon P. Chase’s portrait for the Smithsonian sun logo!
- CERTIFIED FLAWLESS – Your currency strike will also come graded Gem Uncirculated 70 (Gem Unc 70) by Paper Money Guaranty (PMG), a distinction that means your perfectly-graded gold certificate will have ZERO imperfections – showing all details exactly as the mint intended! In addition, your currency strike will be sealed in PMG's new holder, giving you clear visibility along with superior protection.
- A LIMITED-MINTAGE RELEASE! – Only 5,000 of these currency strikes will be produced for collectors worldwide!
If you're a fan of American history, large bills, new technology or all of the above, this 24-karat gold currency strike is definitely one to own! Just don't wait too long – certificates made with this new technology have already become massive hits with collectors. Ring one up in your cart today!
|Year of Issue||1934|
|Grade||GEM Uncirculated 70|
|Coin Weight||0.1 Grams - g|