Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Solomon Islands $5 1-oz Silver Leonardo da Vinci 500th Anniversary Proof
Silver Masterpiece Honors Iconic Renaissance Maestro
The illegitimate love child of a lawyer and a peasant girl, Leonardo da Vinci grew up without any formal education. Today, he is known simply as one of the greatest artists who ever lived – the poster child of the Renaissance and one of the most popular figures in all of history. Now, on the 500th anniversary of his passing, you can secure this magnificent silver coin that pays tribute to his unquestioned genius.
A masterpiece in its own right, this gleaming coin was struck in an ounce of highly pure 99.9% silver and features a rendition of da Vinci’s famous drawing of the Vitruvian Man, a depiction of a male figure in two superimposed positions with his arms and legs apart and simultaneously inscribed in a circle. For da Vinci, the workings of the human body were an analogy for the workings of the universe. This dramatic drawing is stored in the Gallerie dell'Accademia in Venice, Italy where it is displayed only occasionally.
Now you can view and share this iconic image any time you wish with this fantastic coin. Better yet, it was struck in gorgeous Proof condition, meaning that it was expertly crafted from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields. Plus, it will come displayed in its original government packaging consisting of an attractive blister pack that allows you to view both sides of the coin!
Don’t wait too long to order this coin; with only 3,000 struck for worldwide release, there will not be many to go around. And when you consider that major museums in the United States, Great Britain and France have all scheduled significant exhibits to mark the 500th anniversary of da Vinci’s death, you can bet many people across the world will be vying for these coins!
- COMMEMORATING THE 500TH ANNIVERSARY OF LEONARDO DA VINCI – This coin marks the 500th anniversary of Leonardo da Vinci’s passing in 1519. It features the artist’s sketch of the Vitruvian Man on the reverse while the coin’s obverse features a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each Leonardo da Vinci 500th Anniversary Proof is struck in an ounce of highly pure 99.9% silver and measures 38.61 mm in diameter.
- LEGAL TENDER – These 2019 Solomon Islands One-Ounce Silver Leonardo da Vinci 500th Anniversary Proofs are $5 legal tender in the Solomon Islands, a former British colony made up of hundreds of islands in the South Pacific Ocean that still recognizes Queen Elizabeth II as its head of state.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 2019 Solomon Islands One-Ounce Silver Leonardo da Vinci 500th Anniversary Proof was expertly crafted from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- VERY LOW LIMITED EDITION – The maximum worldwide limited edition for this proof coin has been set at just 3,000.
Celebrate the brilliance of Renaissance Master Leonardo da Vinci with this 2019 Solomon Islands One-Ounce Silver Leonardo da Vinci 500th Anniversary Proof. Don’t miss it; order yours now!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Coin Weight||31.103 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|