Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Saint Helena Gold Sovereign Queen Victoria 5-pc Proof Set
Celebrate the Most Iconic Coins of Victoria’s Reign
2019 marks the 200th anniversary of Queen Victoria’s birth. Becoming Queen at the age of 18, Victoria reigned from 1837 to 1901 – a total of 64 years – and was the longest-reigning monarch in British history until she was surpassed by her great-great-granddaughter, Great Britain’s current monarch Queen Elizabeth II. Synonymous with the British Empire’s industrial and economic expansion of the 1800s, her name is used to describe the times – The Victorian Era, an age when it was said the sun never set on the British Empire.
To pay tribute to the bicentenary of Victoria’s birth, the East India Company revisited some of the most beautiful coins minted during her celebrated reign with this special limited-edition five-piece proof set. Struck in 91.67% (22 karat) gold, each coin in this set features the Five Sovereign Una & The Lion design, the Double Sovereign Gothic Crown, the One Sovereign Half Crown Shield, the Half Sovereign St. George & the Dragon, and the Quarter-Sovereign Seated Britannia.
Released by the East India Company on behalf of Saint Helena, a remote British Overseas Territory located in the South Atlantic Ocean, this collection is limited to just 200 sets. Plus, each legal-tender coin has been struck in gorgeous Proof condition, with frosty devices and blazing mirror-like luster from the highly polished fields. Each design is an important piece of British history and makes the perfect addition to any historical or British coin collection.
With such a small mintage, there are obviously far too few to go around. Hurry; add a piece of the Victorian Era to your collection now with the 2019 Saint Helena Gold Sovereign Queen Victoria Five-Piece Proof Set!
- COMMEMORATING QUEEN VICTORIA’S 200TH BIRTHDAY – To celebrate the 200th anniversary of Queen Victoria’s birth, the East India Company struck this special commemorative set celebrating the most iconic and beautiful coinage of her reign.
- STRUCK IN GLEAMING GOLD – Each coin in this five-piece set has been struck in 91.67% fine gold.
- LEGAL TENDER IN SAINT HELENA – These gold proofs – Quarter-, Half-, One-, Double- and Five-Sovereign coins – are legal tender in Saint Helna, a remote island nation located in the South Atlantic Ocean.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Each coin in your 2019 Saint Helena Gold Sovereign Queen Victoria Five-Piece Proof Set was expertly crafted from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- LOW WORLDWIDE MINTAGE – The worldwide limited edition for this set has been set at just 200.
Thanks to the British television series Victoria starring Jenna Coleman, the popularity of the Royal Family, and the epic 200th anniversary of her birth, Queen Victoria has never been hotter. Don’t miss out; click one of these sets to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Denomination||0.25, 0.50, 1.00, 2.00, 5.00|
|Mint Name||East India Co|
|Coin Weight||2 Grams - g, 3.99 Grams - g, 7.98 Grams - g, 15.97 Grams - g, 39.94 Grams - g|
|Dimensions||13.5mm, 19.3mm, 22.05 mm, 28mm, 36mm|