Colorized Silver Dollar Proof Honors The Duke
John Wayne wasn’t just a movie star; he was – and still is – a cultural Icon who symbolized American values and ideas. With a larger-than-life persona, “The Duke” was a top box office draw for three decades and was even awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom! Today, more than four decades after his passing, the name John Wayne still resonates with people everywhere. It’s no wonder that his appeal has extended to the realm of collectible coins with this rip-roarin’ release from Australia’s prestigious Perth Mint that depicts him in bold, vibrant color!
Struck in a full ounce of highly pure 99.99% silver, this $1 legal tender coin pictures John Wayne against a backdrop of the scenic landscape of Monument Valley, a cluster of vast sandstone buttes located on the Arizona-Utah border. It was there that he made several of his most popular films including Stagecoach (1939), Angel and the Badman (1947), Fort Apache (1948), She Wore a Yellow Ribbon (1949) and The Searchers (1956). In all, The Duke appeared in more than 160 films, was nominated for three Academy Awards and won the Best Actor Award for his role in 1969’s True Grit.
Your 2020 Tuvalu One-Ounce Silver John Wayne Colorized Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded proof will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has certified that your John Wayne Proof is a First Releases (FR) coin, a designation that means your coin was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of its release. It will also come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a black display core and an exclusive Pacific Rim label.
Officially licensed by John Wayne Enterprises, this coin release is the perfect tribute to John Wayne and will make a wonderful gift for any fan. Just 5,000 of these special coins will ever be struck, however, so don’t let them get away. Head one – or several – off at the past and straight into your cart today!
- STIRRING TRIBUTE TO JOHN WAYNE – This coin is a wonderful tribute to American icon John Wayne. It depicts him in full color while the scenic landscape of Monument Valley in America’s southwest where many of Wayne’s movies were filmed. The coin’s obverse features a regal portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER —Each Silver John Wayne Colorized Proof was struck in a full ounce of highly pure 99.99% silver and measures 40.6 mm in diameter.
- LEGAL TENDER – These 2020 Tuvalu One-Ounce Silver John Wayne Colorized Proofs are $1 legal tender in Tuvalu, an independent South Pacific Ocean island nation within the British Commonwealth.
- PERFECT PROOF CONDITION – Your 2020 Tuvalu One-Ounce Silver John Wayne Colorized Proof has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) condition.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified that your John Wayne Proof is a First Releases (FR) coin. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a black display core and an exclusive Pacific Rim label.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The 2020 Tuvalu One-Ounce Silver John Wayne Colorized Proof has a strict maximum worldwide mintage of just 5,000 coins.
Listen, Pilgrim, there’s no better way to pay tribute to American icon John Wayne than with this impressive colorized silver dollar. With a limited edition of just 5,000 you’ll need to order yours now before they ride off into the sunset!
© 2019 John Wayne Enterprises, LLC.