Marvel’s Slimy Anti-Hero Claws Its Way Onto This Silver Coin
When down-on-his luck journalist Eddie Brock becomes fused with an alien symbiotic suit formerly worn by the Amazing Spider-Man, he doesn’t become a crusading journalist. Instead, he becomes an avenging vigilante, a slobbering anti-hero bent on destroying our favorite wall-crawler. You see, Brock blames Spider-Man for ruining his career, and with the symbiote’s intimate knowledge of Spidey’s secret identity, Venom has gone on to become one of his most dangerous foes.
Now Venom and all his slimy gore is breaking loose on this coin minted in a full ounce of gleaming 99.99% silver! Struck by Australia’s world-renowned Perth Mint on behalf of the island nation of Tuvalu, this one-dollar legal-tender coin is the eighth release in Tuvalu’s popular Marvel Comics Bullion Series, joining Spider-Man, Thor, Black Panther, Iron Man, Deadpool, Captain America and the Hulk in a line-up of some of the world’s most popular comic book characters.
Each 2020 Tuvalu Venom One-Ounce Silver Coin available in this offer has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Mint State-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has certified that these coins are First Releases (FR), a designation that means your coin was received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of its release. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a black display core.
While the symbiote suit had been around for a few years, the Venom character did not make its official debut until May of 1988 in the groundbreaking release of Amazing Spider-Man #300 written by David Michelinie and illustrated by up-and-coming superstar artist Todd McFarlane. An evil mirror image of Spider-Man, Venom has since become one of the most popular characters in the entire Marvel universe and even appeared in his own film, 2018’s Venom starring Tom Hardy. The movie was a hit at the box office and a sequel is already in the works.
Venom has thrilled – and terrified – fans for more than 30 years with exciting adventures and knock down brawls with such heroes and villains as The Punisher, Ghost Rider, Deadpool, The Thing, Bullseye and even a no-holds-barred mêlée against Superman – yes THAT Superman – in a DC/Marvel crossover classic from 1997 in DC/Marvel: All Access #1. Thanks to Venom’s success in comics and film, you can bet fans and silver stackers alike around the world will be eager to scoop up these coins. With only 50,000 struck for worldwide release, the time to order your coin is now while you still can!
- EIGHTH RELEASE IN MARVEL BULLION SERIES – This coin is the eighth release in Tuvalu’s Marvel Comics Bullion Series, joining Spider-Man, Thor, Black Panther, Iron Man, Deadpool, Captain America and the Hulk in a line-up of some of the world’s most popular comic book characters. Venom is depicted on the coin’s reverse, his slimy tongue and evil claws reaching out for his next victim. The coin’s obverse features Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Each 2020 Tuvalu Silver Venom Coin was struck at Australia’s world-renowned Perth Mint in one ounce of highly pure 99.99% silver and measures 40.6 mm in diameter.
- LEGAL TENDER COINS – These 2020 Tuvalu One-Ounce Silver Venom Coins are one dollar legal tender in Tuvalu, a Polynesian island country in the Pacific Ocean located halfway between Australia and Hawaii. The United States used Tuvalu as a military base during World War II.
- OFFICIALLY LICENSED BY MARVEL – This 2020 Venom bullion coin is an officially licensed Marvel release – and you don't have to look far to know for sure! Both the Marvel logo and copyright are firmly struck into each coin.
- PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2020 Tuvalu One-Ounce Silver Venom Coin has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in perfect Mint State-70 (MS70) condition.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified that your One-Ounce Silver Venom Coin is a First Strike (FR) coin. It will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a black display core.
- LOW WORLDWIDE EDITION LIMIT – The worldwide limited edition for these coins has been set at just 50,000.
Collectors couldn’t get enough of the previous Marvel bullion coins from the Perth Mint, and we're expecting that fans of Venom’s chaotic misadventures will want to secure one of these coins for their collections. Whether you’re continuing your collection or just starting out; a massive Marvel maniac or a silver stacker looking to bring some action-packed excitement to your bullion, this incredible 2020 Venom Bullion Coin is one not to miss!