Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1876 25 Cents Silver Seated Liberty Centennial Quarter Fine
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $49.95 $48.48
1876 Centennial Silver Quarter
To celebrate the 100th anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence, the first official World’s Fair in the United States was held in 1876 from May 10 through November 10 in Philadelphia. Visitors were treated to a host of new inventions, including sewing machines, typewriters, and Alexander Graham Bell’s first telephone. Other exhibits featured the right arm to the as-yet-unfinished Statue of Liberty, the first monorail system, and new foods like bananas, popcorn and Heinz ketchup. The turnout was nothing short of incredible – an estimated 10 million people attended. That’s about 20% of the entire nation’s population at that time – a time that’s still decades away from automobiles being a common mode of transportation!
Since it cost two quarters to attend the Centennial International Exhibition, these 1876 Seated Liberty Silver Quarters were probably lining the pockets of millions of eager fair goers. When you hold one of these Centennial Quarters in your hand, you’ll be able to feel the excitement and wonder that folks experienced at the grand event more than 140 years ago! Each 1876 Centennial Seated Liberty Silver Quarter available in this offer was struck in 90% fine silver and comes in handsome Fine (F) circulated condition.
This important piece of U.S. history can now become an important piece of your collection. It will also come housed in a clear holder with a custom-designed card detailing the Centennial. Step back in time and click one to your cart today!
- ISSUED THE SAME YEAR AS THE CENTENNIAL INTERNATIONAL EXHIBITION – The 1876 Centennial International Exhibition was the first official World’s Fair in the United States. These key-date quarters were issued that very same year!
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Each Centennial Seated Liberty Quarter was struck in 6.25 grams of highly-pure 90% fine silver.
- LEGAL TENDER – These Centennial Seated Liberty Quarter were 25 cents legal tender. Admission to the fair would have been 50 cents or two of these coins.
- WONDERFUL FINE CONDITION – Your 1876 Centennial Seated Liberty Silver Quarter will come in Fine (F) condition exhibiting sharp detail on all its letters and digits.
Recall the excitement of the 1876 Centennial International Exhibition – America’s first official World’s Fair – with these 1876 Seated Liberty Silver Quarters.
|Year of Issue||1876|
|Mint Name||Philadelphia - P, San Francisco - S|
|Coin Weight||6.25 Grams - g|