Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1953-A, B ,C , Plain $2 Red Seal 4-Piece Legal Tender Set VF
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $49.95 $48.48
Complete 1953 $2 Legal Tender Signature Currency Set
The $2 note holds a special place in the heart of many Americans thanks to its unique denomination and the small numbers in which it’s printed. Thanks to our intrepid buyers, we’ve managed to put together a small number of sets that bring together all four “Red Seal” $2 notes from 1953, each featuring a different combination of signatures. This was the final series in which the $2 note was issued without the motto “In God We Trust,” and as these notes circulated heavily before being redeemed and then destroyed, putting together a complete set can be a tough job. But we’ve done the work for you, all in Very Fine (VF) condition. Look elsewhere and this set can cost you as much as $107!
Any American will tell you how odd a $2 note is. When I found my first one, I was convinced it was a counterfeit. But they aren’t. They are simply unique. And how do you make something that is already unique even more special? Remove a motto that has been put onto every other year of currency since then and then destroy most of the other copies. Now that’s unique!
- THE LAST SURVIVORS–The 1953 “Red Seal” $2 notes were the last issue without “In God We Trust” and when they were eventually redeemed, they were destroyed. Due to this destruction, these notes are rare, but we have them for you!
- UNIQUE LEGAL-TENDER DENOMINATION –These notes are all two dollars legal tender – a unique denomination among America’s circulating currency.
- THE GANG’S ALL HERE –Each note contains different signatures on them making each of them unique and we have gathered all four of these notes for a few complete sets for your convenience!
- SOME VERY FINE NOTES –All of these notes, despite circulation and despite most of them being destroyed, have been graded Very Fine (VF) condition – a grade that could cost you as much as $107 elsewhere!
An American staple for individuality, the $2 note already has a special place to most citizens. This complete set of four notes ups the ante by being from the last year that the motto “In God We Trust” was printed. Not only that, but many of these notes were redeemed and promptly destroyed. Finding a set like this anywhere else might run you up $107, but GovMint has them for half that!
|Year of Issue||1953|
|Mint Name||U.S. Mint|