Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1991-P $1 Silver Korean War Memorial Commemorative Proof
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $39.95 $38.77
Honoring the Veterans of America’s “Forgotten” War
Overshadowed by World War II and the Vietnam War, the Korean War has often been called the “Forgotten War” in the United States. A bloody three-year conflict that pitted American troops against communist forces from North Korea and China, other countries in the United Nations contributed troops, but Americans did most of the fighting. Coverage of the conflict was heavily censored at the time from a public weary of such news just five years after the end of World War II.
When the Korean War ended in 1953, the tiny nation was divided into North and South Korea separated by the 38th parallel. It was only fitting then that on the 38th anniversary of the war’s end the U.S. Mint released this commemorative silver dollar which paid tribute to those who served in the often-overlooked conflict. Struck in 90% silver, the legal-tender coin is rife with symbolism. John Mercanti’s obverse design shows an infantry soldier charging up a hill with naval ships in the foreground and two aircraft flying above. The coin’s reverse is equally poignant. Designed by T. James Ferrell, it shows a map of Korea with North and South divided at the 38th parallel. Along side the map is an Eagle head and a “yin and yang” symbol.
Each year, the U.S. Mint strikes one-year-only commemorative silver dollar proofs. These magnificent coins make a touching present to a loved one or an important addition to your collection. Secure yours now!
- TRUIBUTE TO THE VETERANS OF THE KOREAN WAR – This coin was released to commemorate the 38th anniversary of the ending of the Korean War and to honor those who served in the conflict. The coin’s obverse was designed by John Mercanti and features a soldier charging up a hill. The reverse was designed by T. James Ferrell and shows an outline map of Korea with North and South divided at the 38th parallel.
- STRUCK IN FINE SILVER – Each of these commemorative dollars were struck in 26.73 grams of 90% fine silver.
- LEGAL TENDER U.S. COMMEMORATIVE – These 1991-P Korean War Silver Commemoratives are $1 legal tender.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 1991-P Korean War Silver Commemorative was struck at the Philadelphia Mint in gorgeous Proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The final mintage for the 1991-P Korean War Silver Commemorative Proof was just 618,488.
Pay tribute to the forgotten heroes of the Korean War with the 1991-P $1 Korean War Silver Commemorative Proof. Click one to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||1991|
|Mint Name||Philadelphia - P|
|Coin Weight||26.73 Grams - g|