Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017 U.S. Proof Set NGC Gem First Day Of Issue
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $89.95 $87.30
The United States Mint's Finest of 2017, All in One Spectacular Set!
An American Tradition Since 1936!
Ever since the term "proof" was first coined (ha!), expert artisans at mints around the world have produced these numismatic marvels to exhibit the best of what their hands and machinery can accomplish. For more than 80 years, save for pauses in the 1940s and 1960s, the United States Mint has released annual proof sets that showcase the year's coin lineup with the added benefit of carefully selected planchets, polished dies and multiple mint strikes. The result is a gorgeous collection produced not to be spent, but to be admired. 2017 heralds the arrival of another excellent proof set, with the latest roundup of one-year-only designs!
The Usual Suspects, Plus 2017's America the Beautiful Quarters® and Sequoyah Native American Dollar!
Of course, your 2017 U.S. Mint Proof Set will include luminous versions of the standard Lincoln Cent, Jefferson Nickel, Roosevelt Dime and Kennedy Half-Dollar. Also included in that first acrylic lens is 2017's Native American Dollar featuring Sequoyah, the creator of the monumental Cherokee Syllabary that established new avenues for intertribal communication in the early 1800s.The second acrylic lens in your 2017 Proof Set features all five of the year's America the Beautiful Quarters, including:
- The sacred Native American earthworks of Effigy Mounds National Monument in Iowa
- The Frederick Douglass National Historic Site in Washington, D.C., honoring the courageous and influential author, orator and statesman
- The natural wonders and rich history of the Ozark National Scenic Riverways in Missouri, symbolized by the park's Alley Mill, built in1894
- New Jersey's lasting tribute to the immigrants that arrived on the shores of Ellis Island during the late 1800s and early 1900s, now part of the Statue of Liberty National Monument, and
- George Rogers Clark National Park in Indiana, named for the Lieutenant Colonel that led a surprise capture of Fort Sackville on February 25, 1779, limiting British control during a crucial time in the American Revolution
Ten Coins, All Certified Gem Proof -- an Amazing Gift!
All ten coins in this 2017 U.S. Proof Set feature the "S" mintmark, signifying their production at the acclaimed San Francisco Mint. In addition, this proof set is graded Gem Proof and certified First Day of Issue by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC). That means each acrylic lens in the set will feature tamper-proof seals applied by NGC, as well as special labels declaring your set's characteristics! Your proof set will also arrive to you in its original official mint packaging along with a U.S. Mint certificate of authenticity. United States Proof Sets are an annual tradition for many collectors. Whether you're continuing your collection or looking to start one up, now is the time to secure yours while you can! Don't wait -- get one (or a few) in your cart today!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Condition||Graded, Uncirculated, Gem Proof|
|Pedigree||First Day Of Issue|
|Denomination||0.01, 0.05, 0.10, 0.25, 0.50, 1.00|
|Mint Name||U.S. Mint|