Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2018 Canada 5 Dollar 1-oz Silver Predator Series Wolf NGC MS70 First Day of Issue
Canada’s New Silver Wolf Is Ready to Leap into Your Collection!
The Royal Canadian Mint is known throughout the world for its absolute mastery in capturing the essence of exotic wildlife. So when Canada kicked off a new silver bullion coin series in 2016 it was no surprise that it featured some of the country’s wildest animals – predators captured in pure silver!
Joining the cougar (2016) and the lynx (2017), this year’s silver wolf is a worthy addition. The design features a snarling wolf that at first glance appears to be leaping off the coin’s surface. This isn’t any fairy tale wolf trying to blow down a porcine house or waylay little girls wearing red riding hoods – this is a highly detailed design of a ravenous wolf with his fangs exposed moving in for the kill. The image is so detailed you can see every hair of the wolf’s thick fur.
This large silver dollar-sized coin is struck in 99.99% silver, making it appealing not just to wildlife enthusiasts but to silver stackers as well. It’s also been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) to be in perfect Mint State-70 (MS70) Condition. NGC also certified the coins in this offer to be First Day of Issue (FDI) coins meaning they are among the coins struck on the first day the series was issued.
But here’s the little secret about this year’s coin: The Royal Canadian Mint struck 40% fewer of these coins then they had the previous two years. That means everyone who had been collecting the series may not be able to get one of this year’s coins!
Don’t wait to add this silver wolf to your pack. A smaller mintage than previous series coins means there’s fewer to go around. Add one – or several – to your cart today!
- EXCITING DESIGN AND INTRICATE DETAILS – At 38 mm in diameter, your silver dollar-sized 2018 Canada Predator Series 1-oz Silver Wolf is the perfect canvas for an exciting image of ravenous wolf leaping after its prey. The intricate detail of the design is incredible. The obverse design depicts Queen Elizabeth II.
- STRUCK IN ONE OUNCE OF PURE SILVER – Each 2018 Canada Predator Series Silver Wolf coin is struck in one troy ounce of 99.99% silver.
- LEGAL TENDER COIN – The 2018 Canada Predator Series 1-oz Silver Wolf is $5 legal tender in Canada.
- GRADED IN PERFECT CONDITION – Your 2018 Canada Predator Series 1-oz Silver Wolf has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) to be in Mint State-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means your perfectly-graded coin will have ZERO imperfections – showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended!
- SPECIAL FIRST DAY OF ISSUE DESIGNATION – Your 2018 Canada Predator Series 1-oz Silver Wolf has also been certified by NGC to be a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin – independent authentication that your coin was released by the mint during the premier day of the series' issue.
- LOWER MINTAGE THAN PREVIOUS PREDATOR SERIES COINS – The 2018 Canada Predator Series Silver Wolf is the third coins in Canada’s Predator Silver Coin Series. Previous issues of the cougar (2016) and lynx (2017) had mintages of 500,000 while this year’s wolf has a much smaller mintage of 300,000 – a 40% reduction!
- FASCINATING SECURITY MEASURES – An added feature of the 2018 Canada Predator Series Silver Wolf coins is an array of security elements. The first is radial lines that followed such a detailed pattern that it makes it almost impossible to replicate. A second security feature is a micro-engraved maple leaf with the year of issue “18” etched in the center.
Let the 2018 Canada Predator Series 1-oz Silver Wolf leap into your home today. Struck in pure silver, it’s a dynamic, must-have coin that’ll be the top dog in any wildlife collection!
|Year of Issue||2018|
|Pedigree||First Day Of Issue|
|Mint Name||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.10 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|