Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 Barbados $1 3/4-oz Silver Glow-In-The-Dark Bat Signal Colorized Proof
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $59.95 $58.18
Holy Light Up the Night, Batman, This Proof Glows in the Dark!
2019 marks the 80th anniversary of Batman’s first appearance when he made his debut in Issue #27 of Detective Comics. The creation of Bob Kane and Bill Finger, Batman has become an iconic superhero that has thrilled millions of fans young and old alike thanks to a rogues’ gallery of colorful villains, a secret cave full of cool gadgets and an unlimited bank account due to his secret identity as billionaire playboy Bruce Wayne.
To pay tribute to everyone’s favorite caped crusader, Barbados and the Royal Canadian Mint have teamed up to create a coin that not only commemorates the Dark Knight but illuminates another iconic piece of equipment in Batman’s arsenal: The Bat Signal! First employed by Gotham City Police Commissioner James Gordan in issue #60 of Detective Comics, the Bat Signal is used to summon Batman in extremely dire circumstances.
The legal-tender $1 coin was struck in three-quarters of an ounce of highly-pure 99.99% silver and features the bat silhouette on the reverse. To recreate the recognizable spotlight, black and yellow colored was added. What’s more, the coin was minted using the Royal Canadian Mint’s impressive glow-in-the-dark technology so that the colorized image of Gotham City’s famous Bat Signal shines just as brightly at night as it does in the day!
With just 10,000 of these colorized silver proofs available for worldwide release, you can bet coin collectors and Batman fans will all be eager to get their hands on these coins before they’re all gone. The Bat Signal is glowing; make sure you answer the call and click one of these bat-coins to your bat-cart today!
- COIN FEATURES ICONIC BAT SIGNAL – The 2019 Barbados Bat Signal Colorized Silver Proof was struck using the Royal Canadian Mint’s impressive glow-in-the-dark technology so that the colorized image of Gotham City’s famous Bat Signal shines just as brightly at night as it does in the day! The coin’s obverse features the Barbados Coat of Arms along with the denomination and year date.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Each 2019 Barbados Bat Signal Colorized Silver Proof is struck in three-quarters of an ounce of highly pure 99.99% silver.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINAGE – These Bat Signal Colorized Silver Proofs are $1 legal-tender in Barbados, an eastern Caribbean island and an independent British Commonwealth nation.
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your Bat Signal Colorized Silver Coin comes in gorgeous proof condition, meaning it was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- LOW LIMITED EDITION – The maximum worldwide limited edition for this coin is just 10,000.
Holy Light Up the Night, Batman! Pay tribute to Batman’s 80th birthday with the 2019 Barbados $1 Bat Signal Colorized Silver Proof.
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Mint Name||Royal Canadian Mint|
|Coin Weight||23.17 Grams - g|
|Weight||3/4 Ounce - oz|