Immaculate Emergency Production Silver Eagles From 2020’s First Philadelphia Monster Box
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the United States Mint facility at West Point was forced to temporarily halt production. The news of the West Point Mint’s closure in 2020 from April 8-20 was met with concern across the coin collecting community and by silver stackers around the world because supplies of silver coins were already dwindling. And, since the West Point Mint is the U.S. Branch Mint that typically strikes American Silver Eagle bullion coins, folks were justifiably worried.
But Mint officials didn’t throw in the towel. Instead, they shifted production of bullion Silver Eagles from West Point to Philadelphia for two weeks to meet the demand. The Philadelphia Mint struck just 240,000 bullion Silver Eagles over the course of two weeks making this limited striking the second lowest mintage of Silver Eagles ever struck! Since bullion Silver Eagles are struck without mintmarks, however, there’s no way collectors can know if their Silver Eagle is one of these “Emergency Production” releases. But thanks to our status within the coin world, we can!
That’s because each Silver Eagle available in this offer comes fresh from box #400,000 — the very first 500-coin monster box of 2020 Silver Eagles to leave the Philadelphia Mint!
What’s more, each coin here has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in near-perfect Uncirculated Mint State-69 (MS69) condition, a distinction that means these almost-flawless coins showcase impressive full strike and indistinguishable imperfections — well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series. In addition, NGC has also certified that these Silver Eagles are First Day of Issue (FDI) coins, meaning they were received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository by the release date or on the business day within 24 hours of the official release date.
And here’s the kicker: Not only will these coins come sonically sealed in acrylic holders with a black display cores, each will also be encapsulated with an exclusive certification label personally signed by John Mercanti, former Chief Engraver of the U.S. Mint and designer of the iconic Silver Eagle reverse, which is set to be redesigned in 2021. The U.S. Mint’s 12th Chief Engraver, Mercanti is a giant in the numismatic world, having produced more coin and medal designs than any person in U.S. Mint history!
This 2020(P) Silver Eagle Struck At Philadelphia Emergency Production coin will be a key collectible within any Silver Eagle collection. Order yours today and make sure it’s part of yours!
- EMERGENCY SILVER EAGLES STRUCK AT PHILADELPHIA MINT – The West Point Mint typically strikes bullion Silver Eagles. Due to the COVID-19 crisis in 2020, however, Mint officials temporarily shut down the West Point facility and shifted production of bullion Silver Eagles to the Philadelphia Mint.
- SAME CLASSIC DESIGNS – The Silver Eagle showcases Adolph A. Weinman’s iconic design from the Walking Liberty Half Dollar that circulated from 1916 to 1947. The coin’s reverse features the Heraldic Eagle design created by John Mercanti, the U.S. Mint’s 12th Chief Engraver and the most prolific coin & medal designer in U.S. Mint history.
- CRAFTED IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each American Silver Eagle is struck in one ounce of highly pure 99.9% fine silver and measures 40.6 mm in diameter.
- UNITED STATES LEGAL TENDER – Silver Eagles are one dollar legal tender in the United States.
- NEAR-PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2020(P) Silver Eagle Struck At Philadelphia Emergency Production coin was graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) in near-perfect Mint State-69 (MS69) condition.
- SPECIAL EMERGENCY DESIGNATIONS – This coin will be sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a black display core and a label that identifies it as a “Struck at Philadelphia Mint” and “First Phila. Box (400000)” issue.
- KEY FIRST DAY OF ISSUE CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified that this Silver Eagle is a First Day of Issue (FDI) coin, independent authentication that your coin was released by the mint during the premier day of the series’ issue.
- SIGNED BY A COIN LEGEND – This certification label encapsulated with this coin was personally signed by the legendary John M. Mercanti, the U.S. Mint’s 12th Chief Engraver!
- LIMITED EDITION EMERGENCY EDITION – Only 240,000 of these Silver Eagles were produced in this emergency production effort — the second lowest mintage of Silver Eagles ever struck!
Don’t miss your chance to get a limited-edition Emergency Production Silver Eagle Struck at the Philadelphia Mint. It’s a one-of-a-kind opportunity to secure what is one of the lowest-mintage Silver Eagles ever struck.