This Fantastic Set of Silver Maple Leaf Takes the Pulse of Canada
In 2020, The Royal Canadian Mint struck a coin that combined beauty and technical sophistication into a release that instantly became a worthy addition to its fan-favorite series of Maple Leaf coins. The coin was the instantly popular Silver Pulsating Maple Leaf coin, and it quickly sold out. Now for 2021, the Mint isn’t just releasing a new year of the unique coin, but a five-coin set of Reverse Proof coins!
A Dazzling Combination of Numismatic Artistry and Photonic Science
This is the first time that The Royal Canadian Mint has struck a set of coins that combines both the Mint’s classic reverse proof finish with its brand new pulsating technology:
- A Reverse Proof is the opposite of a regular proof in that was expertly crafted by the mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully mirror-like details rising over frosted fields, instead of frosted details rising from mirrored fields.
- The Mint’s Pulsating Technology features sub-millimeter-scale that manipulate light particle protons to create a sense of motion to the engraved Maple Leaf design. The mirror array was then engraved on the master dies and struck onto 99.99% pure silver blanks.
The Iconic Sugar Maple Leaf
If the Maple Leaf here seems familiar, it should: That’s because it is the iconic Sugar Maple design created in 1979 by Walter Ott Sugar. Turn the coin one way and it will appear as if a gentle breeze is shaking the leaf. Turn it another way and a different rippling effect appears. I addition to the familiar Maple Leaf, the coin also features the dual dates of 1996 and 2021 to commemorate the 25th year of the maple tree being Canada’s official national arboreal emblem.
The five pieces in this set include the $5 one-ounce coin, the $4 half-ounce coin, the $3 quarter-ounce coin, the $2 tenth-ounce coin, and the $1 twentieth-ounce coin. Each was struck in highly pure 99.99% silver — a total of 1.9 ounces or nearly two ounces of fine silver! The entire set will come beautifully housed in a maroon-colored clamshell display box and accompanied by a mint-issued Certificate of Authenticity.
Just 3,000 of these magnificent sets have been issued for worldwide releases — and they’ve already been announced as being completely sold out at the mint! That means you must not wait, because these Maple Leafs are sure to blow out of here in short order. Don’t delay; reserve your 2021 Canada Silver Pulsating Maple Leaf Reverse Proof 5-Coin Set now!
- FIRST PULSATING MAPLE LEAF SET – This is the first 5-coin set of pulsating Silver Maple Leafs. Each coin features pulsating technology developed between the Royal Canadian Mint Research and Development Team and the University of Ottawa’s Centre for Research in Photonics that creates a motion-like effect. Queen Elizabeth II graces the coin’s obverse.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each coin in your 2021 Canada Silver Pulsating Maple Leaf Set was struck by the Royal Canadian Mint in highly pure 99.99% silver — nearly two ounces (1.9 ounces) of fine silver!
- CANADIAN LEGAL TENDER – These coins are legal tender in Canada. The one-ounce coin is $5, the half-ounce coin is $4, the quarter-ounce coin is $3, the tenth-ounce coin is $2, and the twentieth-ounce is $1.
- GORGEOUS REVERSE PROOF FINISH – Each coin in your 2021 Canada Silver Pulsating Maple Leaf Set was struck as a Reverse Proof, meaning they feature mirror-like details rising over frosted fields — the opposite of a regular proof.
- SOLD-OUT LIMITED EDITION – The 2021 Canada Silver Pulsating Maple Leaf Reverse Proof 5-Coin Set is limited to just 3,000 and it is completely sold out at the mint.
Sold out at the mint, this is your chance to get the 2021 Canada Silver Pulsating Maple Leaf Reverse Proof Five-Coin Set. Don’t delay, order yours now!