Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1818-1857 Large Cent AG
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $19.95 $19.36
Travel Back to the 19th Century with the 1818-1857 Large Cent Coin!
Coin collectors will love this absolutely spectacular 1818-1857 Large Cent coin. Struck over 155 years ago, each coin is made of copper at struck in 27.5 millimeters, which is larger than today’s large cents that are struck in a smaller size of 19 millimeters. The obverse features a bust of Lady Liberty and the reverse side of the coin features a wreath and the coin’s denomination of one cent.
- Piece of History-- These Large Cents were struck between 1818-1857.
- First Denomination-- Coins with the one cent denomination were the first coins struck by the U.S. Mint in 1793.
- Larger Size-- These coins were struck in 27.5 mm compared to today’s traditional smaller size of 19 mm.
- Disappearing Coins-- During the 1850’s Large Cent coins were melted by the millions by craftsmen looking to get the copper, lost forever.
- Smaller Mintage-- The U.S. Mint struck 127 million Large Cents from 1818-1857, which pales in comparison to the 9.1 billion Lincoln Cents struck in 2016 alone by the U.S. Mint .
- Reasonable Price – You can pick up this penny, with an AG (almost good) grade, for under $20
In the 1850s, these Large Cents were melted by the millions and gone forever as craftsmen purchased them in 14,000 coins kegs from the U.S. Mint and melted them down to get the copper. Interestingly enough, the craftsmen actually paid less for the coins than the U.S. Mint paid for the raw copper used to strike the coins. Just as the craftsmen in the 1950’s got an amazing deal on the Large Cent coins, you can too! Order you 1818-1857 Large Cent AG Coin today!
|Year of Issue||(Date Our Choice)|
|Mint Name||U.S. Mint|
|Coin Weight||10.89 Grams - g|