Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1955 Silver Franklin Half Dollar
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $39.95 $38.77
Lowest Mintage Franklin Half Dollar
Struck in 90% fine U.S. silver, the 1955 Franklin Half Dollar is the lowest mintage coin of this short-lived series. Less than 2.5 million were struck by the U.S. Mint in 1955, and they were only struck in one location – the Philadelphia Mint. In the end, the series ran for only 16 years of production, coming to a halt when President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in 1963. The following year, the Kennedy Half Dollar took over, making the Franklin Half Dollar one of the shortest-lived series of the 20th century. A key coin for any collection, each arrives in an acrylic presentation holder with a certificate of authenticity.
- SHORT-LIVED HALF DOLLAR SERIES – The Franklin Half Dollar was issued from 1948 to 1963, making it one of the shortest-lived series of the 20th century.
- BELOVED COIN DESIGNS – with an obverse portrait of Founding Father Benjamin Franklin designed by John R. Sinnock and a Liberty Bell reverse designed by Gilroy Roberts, the eighth and ninth Chief Engravers of the U.S. Mint respectively, the Franklin Half Dollar is an exquisitely designed coin that is popular among collectors.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – Each Franklin Half Dollar was struck in 12.5 grams of 90% fine silver and measures 30.15 mm in diameter.
- UNITED STATES LEGAL TENDER – Though they have not been issued in more than half a century, Franklin Half dollars are still accepted as legal tender, though their collector value far exceeds their 50 cents legal-tender denomination.
- KEY-DATE, LOW-MINTAGE COIN – The 1955 Franklin Half Dollar is the lowest mintage coin of the entire series and they were struck only at the Philadelphia Mint.
The Franklin Half Dollar was the first circulation coin in the United States to depict a real historical figure that was not a U.S. President. Don’t miss your chance to get a key-date coin from this short-lived groundbreaking series. Add the 1955 Silver Franklin Half Dollar to your collection today!
|Year of Issue||1955|
|Coin Weight||12.5 Grams - g|