Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2017-W 25 Dollar 1/2-oz Gold Eagle Proof NGC PF70UCAM FDI 225th Anniversary
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $989.00 $959.82
$329.67 / month
Gold Eagle Proofs Are Back for 2017!
Celebrating its 31st anniversary in 2017, the United States Mint's Gold Eagle is among the most beloved gold bullion coins on the planet. Artistically brilliant and perfectly collectible, each yearly release commands the attention of buyers around the world. But while Uncirculated Gold Eagles have been produced every year since their first run in 1986, the proof versions of these classics have been a bit more sporadic.
The $25 1/2-oz Gold Eagle Proof didn't make its first appearance until 1987, the second year of the series. With the exception of 2009, these proofs have been minted every year since then. So, while they're highly sought after by collectors, an annual release of Proof Gold Eagles is by no means a sure thing. Add in the fact that the production numbers for Proof Gold Eagles are usually a fraction of the mintage for their uncirculated counterparts and you have a classic recipe for intense demand!
That's why we're excited to announce the return of the $25 1/2-oz Gold Eagle Proof for 2017! Produced at the West Point Mint, each legal-tender coin is struck in one-half ounce of .9167 pure gold and exhibits the same beloved designs of Augustus Saint-Gaudens on the obverse and Miley Busiek on the reverse. However, unlike Uncirculated Gold Eagles, each proof is struck multiple times using specially prepared dies and polished planchets. The result is a Gold Eagle with crisp, stunning details and lustrous, mirrored surfaces.
Not only that, but your $25 1/2-oz Gold Eagle Proof will arrive to you with these additional features!
- Your coin will be graded Proof-70 Ultra Cameo (PF70UC) by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC), a distinction that means your perfectly-graded $25 1/2-oz Gold Eagle Proof will have ZERO imperfections -- showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended!
- Your $25 1/2-oz Gold Eagle Proof will also be certified First Day of Issue (FDI) by NGC, meaning that it was among the first struck by the mint and was certified within the first day of issue.
- In addition, your proof will be sonically sealed in an acrylic case with a white display core -- giving you the best in protection while granting clear sightlines into every beautiful detail.
- Finally, all of your proof's unique characteristics will be described in detail on the acrylic case's special 225th Anniversary label, celebrating the founding of the U.S. Mint in 1792 and featuring an image of the first mint in Philadelphia.
Don't wait -- these collectors' favorites have been tremendously popular in the past, and we're expecting them to barely touch the shelves in our vaults before they're sent out again! Put one (or several) in your cart now!
|Year of Issue||2017|
|Condition||Graded, Uncirculated, Proof|
|Pedigree||Anniversary, First Day Of Issue|
|Mint Name||West Point - W|
|Coin Weight||16.97 Grams - g|
|Weight||1/2 Ounce - oz|