Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019-S $1 American Innovation 4-pc Proof Set
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $29.95 $29.07
New Dollar Series Pays Tribute to America’s Spirit of Innovation
Americans love inventors and innovations that make life easier. From the cotton gin to automobiles to the internet, the spirit of American innovation has been a constant theme throughout our nation’s history. To celebrate the American spirit of innovation, the U.S. Mint kicked off a brand-new one-dollar coin series that as captured the fancy of coin collectors everywhere!
The series was kicked off in 2018 with a single coin paying tribute to the first U.S. patent. Beginning in 2019, four one-year-only Innovation Dollars will be released each year bearing different reverses. The coins in the multi-year series will be designed and minted to honor significant American innovation and pioneering efforts of individuals or groups in each of the 50 States, District of Columbia, and U.S. territories. It will conclude in 2032.
Here’s your chance to get all four releases from 2019 in fabulous Proof condition! Each coin was struck at the San Francisco Mint from hand-selected planchets, polished dies and multiple strikes to produce beautifully frosted details rising over mirror-like fields that give them a special cameo effect. The Poof coins in the four-piece set are:
- DELAWARE with a depiction of astronomer Annie Jump Cannon, who discovered a system for classifying the stars in 1901 that is still being used today.
- PENNSYLVANIA with an image that honors the creation of the polio vaccine that culminated in a vaccine developed by Jonas Salk in 1955. Today It is on the World Health Organization’s List of Essential Medicines.
- NEW JERSEY with imagery symbolizing the development of the electric light bulb. Inventor Thomas Edison created the first incandescent electric light bulb in 1879 at his laboratory in Menlo Park, New Jersey.
- GEORGIA with a design that pays tribute to the Trustees Garden, the first agricultural experimental garden in America. Established in the1730s in Savannah, the garden produced a variety of essential plants and trees.
All the coins in the series will share a common obverse design that features the Statue of Liberty along with a small privy mark of a stylized gear, representing industry and innovation. In addition, each coin issued in 2019 will feature the incused edge inscriptions: “2019,” “S” mint mark, and “E PLURIBUS UNUM.”
The beauty and quality of these coins will make them an excellent addition to your collection or a perfect starting point from which you or someone you know can start building a collection! Plus, each set will come in its original government packaging from the mint – a clear acrylic case inside a colorful and informative slipcase and accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity. Add one – or several – sets to your cart today!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Composition||Copper-Nickel - CuNi|
|Mint Name||San Francisco - S|
|Coin Weight||32.45 Grams - g|