Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
2019 United States & Canada 1-oz Silver Eagle & Maple Leaf Pride of Two Nations NGC PF69 2-Coin Set First Releases w/Black Core and Emblem Labels
A First-Ever Pairing of U.S. & Canadian Silver Coins
The United States of America and Canada share a 5,525-mile-long border as well as close economic ties and cultural similarities. And now they also share a two-piece set of coins made up of each nation’s most popular annual silver releases. This epic collaboration between the U.S. Mint and the Royal Canadian Mint is not only the first time in history these two titans of the coin world have joined forces, but it also represents a first for both the American Silver Eagle and the Canadian Silver Maple Leaf. That’s because this set features for the first time ever an American Silver Eagle with a “W” mint mark and an Enhanced Proof finish, and a first-ever Canadian Silver Maple Leaf with a Modified Proof finish!
Each 2019-dated release is a legal-tender coin – the $1 American Silver Eagle was struck at the West Point Mint in a full ounce of 99.9% fine silver while the $5 Maple Leaf was struck at the Royal Canadian Mint in a full ounce of highly pure 99.99% silver. Plus, the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) has certified your coins to be First Releases (FR) coins, a designation that means they were received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of their release. Each coin will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a black display core.
The familiar designs are relatively unchanged, but the finishes are entirely new and unique in what is being called the “Pride of Two Nations” two-piece set:
- The 2019 American Silver Eagle features a first-ever Enhanced Reverse Proof finish on this Silver Eagle struck at the West Point branch mint. The finish provides a spectacular detailed arrangement of frosted, semi-frosted and mirrored portions to its design. It will come graded by NGC as being in near-flawless Proof-69 (PF69) condition, a distinction that means your almost-flawless coin will showcase an impressive full strike and indistinguishable imperfections – well above and beyond the quality of the vast majority of coins in the series. It will come encapsulated with an exclusive American Eagle label.
- The 2019 Canadian Silver Maple Leaf features a “Modified Proof” finish – a unique, first-ever finish that includes a flourish of hundreds of miniature maple leaves and stars around the coin’s rim encircling both the Maple Leaf design and the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II on the obverse. A further added touch is a series of rays extending in the background that dazzle the eyes an accentuate the images. It will come graded by NGC as being in nearly perfect Modified Proof-69 (PF69) condition, one point away from a perfect grade. It will come encapsulated with an exclusive Maple Leaf label.
Relations between Canada and the United States were not always so close. During the American Revolution, British loyalists fled to Canada and formed a vocal anti-American element. The War of 1812 saw cross-border invasions and fierce battles over the Great Lakes. Following the close of the Civil War, many Canadians feared an American takeover when Canada became a self-governing dominion in 1867. Despite these antagonistic baby steps, it can be argued today that no two countries have better relations than Canada and the United States. Besides sharing the world’s longest border, the two nations are inexorably linked in foreign policy, defense, and a shared culture. In fact, in a recent Gallup poll, 96% of Americans surveyed voted Canada as their favorite foreign nation.
Just 110,000 of each coin has been struck with 10,000 two-piece collections set aside for the Royal Canadian Mint and the U.S. Mint releasing the remaining 100,000 two-piece sets! Now you can secure these coins in an NGC-graded set, but you must act fast because collectors love first-ever releases with low edition limits. Reserve your set now!
- FIRST-EVER COLLABORATION BETWEEN THE U.S. AND CANADIAN MINTS – This U.S. and Royal Canadian Mint set is part of the U.S. Mint’s initiative to issue innovative numismatic products for collectors in conjunction with other world mints. It’s the first-ever collaboration between these two prestigious world mints.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – These coins are struck in highly pure silver with the Silver Eagle being minted in a full ounce of 99.9% silver and the Maple Leaf in an ounce of 99.99% silver.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS – Each coin is legal tender; the Silver Eagle bears a $1 denomination in the United States while the Maple Leaf comes with a Canadian $5 denomination.
- FIRST-EVER PROOF FINISHES – Your set features for the first time ever an American Silver Eagle with a “W” mint mark and an Enhanced Proof finish, and a first-ever Canadian Silver Maple Leaf with a Modified Proof finish.
- KEY FIRST RELEASES CERTIFICATION – NGC has certified your coins to be First Releases (FR) coins. Each coin will come sonically sealed in an acrylic holder with a black display core with either an American Eagle or Maple Leaf label.
- VERY LOW LIMITED EDITION – The 2019 United States & Canada Pride of Two Nations Two-Coin Set is limited to just 110,000 sets.
The U.S. Mint and Royal Canadian Mint are joining forces to issue a Pride of Two Nations Limited-Edition Two-Coin Set. Act now to secure this first-ever collaboration for your personal collection!
|Year of Issue||2019|
|Country||United States, Canada|
|Mint Name||West Point - W, Royal Canadian Mint|
|Coin Weight||31.101 Grams - g , 31.39 Grams - g|
|Weight||1 Ounce - oz|