Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
World Coin Articles
- Posted: May 07, 2021|If you are a fan of the popular The Royal Mint series, which recently concluded in 2020, called the Queen's Beasts, you will lo ...Read more »
- Posted: December 10, 2019|
- 2019 was an exciting year for coin collectors thanks to a mix of firsts from the United States Mint, commemorations of major anniversaries, and unique issues from abroad. Some of these coins are fascinating because of their numismatic significance, while others mark major historical events. A few even evoke powerful emotions from those who lived ...Read more »
- The Royal Canadian Mint's Peace Dollar Updated 11/12/2020 ...Read more »
- Many economists and historians could reasonably make the case that the history of the world is the history of money. From the debasement of currency in the Roman Empire to the rise of the ‘sound pound,’ money has played a central role in the rise and fall of countries throughout the world. It is little wonder, then, that those who are ...Read more »
- July 20, 2019 marks the 50th anniversary of the famous day in 1969 when Apollo 11 astronaut Neil Armstrong stepped on to the surface of the moon, achieving a goal that had been dreamed about for centuries by astronomers and scientists. This event has continued to capture the imagination of the wor ...Read more »
- By Louis Golino This year American coin collectors will be able to celebrate July 4 – the day of American independence – with a new, limited-edition two-coin set that will be released the day before. Canadians will also have a great way to mark Canada Day -- the July 1 holiday that used to be called Dominion Day. That is when ...Read more »
- Single events seldom define generations, and in the rare cases that they have, they’ve typically been World Wars. In one case, though, a four-day concert did just that. Named for Woodstock, a town located 43 miles from where the event took place, the festival was advertised as “3 Days of Peace & Music.” Fifty years later, it remain ...Read more »
- The Royal Mint of the United Kingdom is one of the world’s oldest and most important mints with over 1,100 years of experience. It produces all the nation’s circulating coins, as well as bullion and commemorative coinage and medals. It ha ...Read more »
- A Tangible Connection to the "Longest Day" In June 1940, Axis forces accomplished what their leader, Adolph Hitler, called “the most famous victory in history” with the fall of France. The ...Read more »