Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Vintage Coin Articles
- Posted: June 10, 2019|Categories: Vintage Coin ArticlesCirculating coinage from certain periods of American history is today scarce and difficult to obtain with the most well-known example being the ...Read more »
- The American Numismatic Association’s (ANA’s) National Coin Week dates back nearly 100 years to 1924. Each year, a new theme provides a fresh opportunity for collectors to celebrate their favorite pastime and explore the history, present, and future of numismatics. The consistency of the ANA in promoting the event, which has run throug ...Read more »
- While watching From Russia With Love (1963) recently, I was amazed to see something in the movie I had long forgotten—the James Bond Gold Piece! Near the beginning of the movie, Q delivers a special black brief case to Bond. The case was filled with the usual rounds of ammunition & many high-tech weapons – but also fe ...Read more »
- The New York Bank Hoard Story It is the dream of most coin collectors, to discover a hidden hoard of rare coins. Now, imagine finding 16 sealed original U ...Read more »
- Symbolism has been a part of numismatics for almost as long as coins have been struck. It has also long been a part of propaganda, with national personification frequently used in literature and, even more frequently, imagery. This was especially true in print during the golden age of newspapers before television took over in t ...Read more »
- Lost Buried Treasures Stories of lost buried treasure hoards capture the imagination and spark the hidden treasure hunter within all of ...Read more »
- Coins of the Civil War Most people are aware of Civil War paper money, and federal issue coinage, minted between 1861 through 1865. However, it’s a little known fac ...Read more »
- Buried Coins May Reveal a Hidden History As the old saying goes, dead men tell no tales. The same cannot be said of coins, especially those discovered from places and times, about which, relatively little is known. In fact, a p ...Read more »
- Numismatic Legend Augustus Saint-Gaudens The Walking Liberty design of Augustus Saint-Gaudens was the first design created in response to a commission by President Theodore Roosevelt for new, more artistic U.S. coins. Today, millions will instantly recognize this classic design. Relatively few, however, are aware ...Read more »