Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
1945–1947-D Walking Liberty Half Dollar 3-Piece Set VF
- Quantity Credit Card Wire
- 1+ $69.95 $67.89
Last Three Years of the Denver Walking Liberty Half Dollar
The beautiful Walking Liberty Half Dollar was struck from 1916 through 1947, and as its name implies displays a glorious design of Lady Liberty striking from left to right. Designed by famed sculptor and engraver Adolph A. Weinman the image was so revered that it was resurrected in 1986 for the U.S. Silver Eagle – the most widely collected silver coin in the world.
Unlike today’s Silver Eagle, however, this 1945–1947-D three-piece set can be tough to locate, since the Denver Mint struck only 18% of all Walking Liberty Half Dollars! Look elsewhere and this set could cost you as much as $80. Not only have we done the work for you and housed all three coins in a clear holder with a custom insert, but you’ll also save over $10! All three come in Very Fine (VF) condition with beautiful complete details.
Think of how incredible it will be to show off the last Walking Liberties ever struck at the Denver Mint. Don’t wait for these incredible sets to disappear – secure yours now!
- ONE OF AMERICA’S MOST POPULAR COIN DESIGNS – Featuring Adolph A. Weinman’s classic design of “Walking Liberty,” the half-dollar coin issued from 1916-1947 is hailed as one of the most beautiful coins ever struck. It’s so revered that when the U.S. Mint introduced its American Silver Eagle bullion coin in 1986 it used Weinman’s iconic design!
- LAST THREE YEARS OF THE SERIES STRUCK AT DENVER MINT – Of the total mintage of Walking Liberty Half Dollars struck from 1916-1947, the Denver Mint struck only 18%, making it the mint that struck the fewest coins in the popular series – meaning these coins are not only from the final three years of production, but among the scarcest.
- STRUCK IN FINE SILVER – Each Walking Liberty Half-Dollar is struck in 12.5 grams of 90% silver.
- LEGAL-TENDER COINS –With a face value of 50 cents, the Walking Liberty Half Dollar was a big silver coin that circulated widely during World War II and the economic boom that followed.
- GRADED IN BEAUTIFUL VERY FINE CONDITION – Each coin in your 1945-1947-D Half Dollar Walking Liberty Three-Piece Set will come in beautiful Very Fine (VF) condition, meaning these coins will feature complete details with only minor wear on the high points – a remarkable grade for coins that are all more than 70 years old!
This 1945-194D Half Dollar Walking Liberty Three-Piece Set is a great way to start, add to, or complete your own collection of “Walkers.” Don’t let these coins walk away; order your set today!
|Year of Issue||1947, 1946, 1945|
|Mint Name||Denver - D|
|Coin Weight||12.5 Grams - g|