Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
U.S. Coin Articles
- Posted: February 21, 2020|Categories: U.S. Coin ArticlesUpdated 12/31/2020 The United States Mint has announced that it will include the first-ever nickels struck at the ...Read more »
- 2019 was an exciting year for coin collectors thanks to a mix of firsts from the United States Mint, commemorations of major anniversaries, and unique issues from abroad. Some of these coins are fascinating because of their numismatic significance, while others mark major historical events. A few even evoke powerful emotions from those who lived ...Read more »
- Towards the end of the summer of 2019, with little fanfare the United States Mint added a product to its product schedule, a second 2019-dated Enhanced Reverse Proof American Silver Eagle following the one issued on July 3 as part of the U.S.-Canada ...Read more »
- On August 15 the U.S. Mint will begin accepting orders for the latest products in its American Liberty series of $100, 1 oz. high relief gold coins ...Read more »
- The story of modern U.S. dollar coins is mostly one of failure in terms of circulating issues and one of mixed results as a numismatic collectible. American consumers have largely rejected the coins for commerce, preferring to use the ...Read more »
- When John M. Mercanti retired as the 12th Chief Engraver of the U.S. Mint, he had accomplished one of the most storied careers in the Mint’s history. He had served as an engraver –sculp ...Read more »
- July 20, 2019 marks the 50th anniversary of the famous day in 1969 when Apollo 11 astronaut Neil Armstrong stepped on to the surface of the moon, achieving a goal that had been dreamed about for centuries by astronomers and scientists. This event has continued to capture the imagination of the world ever since. The ...Read more »
- By Louis Golino This year American coin collectors will be able to celebrate July 4 – the day of American independence – with a new, limited-edition two-coin set that will be released the day before. Canadians will also have a great way to mark Canada Day -- the July 1 holiday that used to be called Dominion Day. That is when ...Read more »