Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
U.S. Coin Articles
- Posted: February 04, 2019|Money and military have driven history since ancient times. Currency changes to finance war. Wars are fought to gain more money. Currency changes to adapt to the new conditions created by war, and once wars are over, they celebrate both peace and victory as well as commemorating those who gave everything to fight for their countries. T ...Read more »
- The American Silver Eagle coin, is not only the U.S. Mint’s most important, flagship coin program, it is also the king of modern U.S. coins, p ...Read more »
- Posted: January 21, 2019|American Achievement: the Apollo 11 Moon Shot While American technological and political achievements are numerous, few are as resonant as the great Space Race of the 1960s. This included the Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo space programs that reached their triumphant apex with the Apollo 11 mission that saw ast ...Read more »
- Posted: November 19, 2018|U.S. Silver Commemorative Coins The ...Read more »
- Coins of the Civil War Most people are aware of Civil War paper money, and federal issue coinage, minted between 1861 through 1865. However, it’s a little known fac ...Read more »
- Animals On Coins Animals, both domesticated and wild, seem to have always fascinated man. Whether in the form of Roman military standards (ensigns), coins or sacred totems that feature animals – all seem to be bearers of powerful animal symbols that played a pivotal role in awareness and self-expression. The use ...Read more »
- An Interview with Jeff Garret Renowned coin expert, American Numismatist, and best-selling author, Jeff Garrett, sat down with us recently to discuss the new second edition of his popular book, 100 Greatest U.S. Modern Coins. During our interview, we couldn't help but also ask Jeff about his most recent headline-grabbing pur ...Read more »
- Numismatic Legend Augustus Saint-Gaudens The Walking Liberty design of Augustus Saint-Gaudens was the first design created in response to a commission by President Theodore Roosevelt for new, more artistic U.S. coins. Today, millions will instantly recognize this classic design. Relatively few, however, are aware ...Read more »
- The average American citizen doesn't put too much thought into how their pocket change is made. However, coin collectors and numismatists are very interested in the minting process. So, assuming you hope to advance in the numismatic community – or maybe you just want to gain some interesting facts to surprise your friends with &n ...Read more »
- Golden Dreams in the “Great American Desert” The territory of Colorado in the mid-1800s was a wild, untamed land where trappers, traders and Indians freely roamed the plains and mountains. Most Americans believed this territory to be part of the “Great American Desert.” But when gold was discovered nea ...Read more »